Which Roof Repairs Will You Need Before Winter?
If you are considering roof repair in Transkei or any other part of South Africa, now is a good time to start planning. While the Wild Coast may be blessed with a mild temperate climate and fairly calm winters, the cooler time of year can bring winds and rain from time to time. Planning your roof maintenance, repair or renovation at the end of summer will ensure that you have ample time to prepare for the winter months. And, with much of the country still facing drought conditions, this is an especially good time to sort out any roofing issues you may have.
Roofing projects are not only limited to dealing with problems however. There are many different types of repairs and renovation that may fall under this service, each offering its own benefits and goals. In this article, we take a look at some of the most common services that fall under roofing work.
Choosing the Right Type of Roof Repair in Transkei
Depending on your specific needs, and the current state of your roof, you could choose one or more of these Transkei roof repair services…
- Waterproofing. Low pitch roofs require special waterproofing, but regular pitch roofs may also require work to fix holes or leaks. As this type of job requires professional assistance, it is essential to consult a roofing or waterproofing expert if you have experienced any leaks or damp patches coming from a damp or damaged roof. Attempting to fix it yourself can be dangerous. If you are not sure exactly what to look for or where it is safe to walk on the roof, or even where to safely climb up and down using a ladder, do not risk your safety. A professional will get the leak sorted quickly and simply, saving you time, effort and ultimately, money.
- Roof Tile Restoration. Sometimes, over time, wear and tear may cause damage to one or more roof tiles. Specific types of tiles have their own properties, such as clay Dek-tile or other varieties of natural or man-made tile materials. As such, the restoration of a tiled roof will depend entirely on the type of tiles your roof contains. The age of your house will also affect how simple or extensive this type of job will be. In some cases, you may choose to upgrade older clay tiles to a modern alternative, or in other cases, you may want to refurbish older tiles to prevent further damage.
- Metal Roof Refurbishment. If you have a corrugated metal, aluminium or asbestos sheet metal roof, you will require a roofing expert who is equipped to handle such material. Asbestos roof repair requires an accredited repair specialist and cannot be done by laymen. If you wish to add on to your garage or shed, or replace an old metal roof with a newer one, remove an asbestos roof or repair any holes or damage within the roof, it is best to consult an experienced expert who has a solid understanding of this type of roof.
- Roof Cooling. Infra-red roof cooling technology was once limited to the air force and related industries, who used this special paint to make ‘invisible’ planes that could not be detected by heat sensors. Today, it is used to cool buildings by blocking the sun’s rays. Various colours are offered in our roof cool coating range, giving you the benefit of a freshly painted roof that does not retain heat. View our infra-red roof cooling page for more information about this product.
- Roof Coating. For all other types of roof paint, coating options can be done according to your preferences and needs. For older roofs that require a new coat of paint, or roofs in high sun areas that have faded prematurely, this cosmetic job is also a good way to extend the life of roof tiles and protect your roof against damp and rot.