Wilcote was contracted to carry out the refurbishment and waterproofing of the FNB Building in Stanger. It was found that the Building was in desperate need of Refurbishment, as the existing roof and the exterior were in a poor state.
The waterproof system was a Torch-on System. We found the Protective Aluminum Silvakoting on the Torch-on, had started to deteriorate, from the harmful UV rays. In order to refurbish this roof we had to clean down the roof and attend to all problems areas of the Torch-on. Once this has been completed we then applied of our Wilcote Infra-Red Silvakote System.
The advantages of using the Wilcote Silvakote are as follows:
- It carries a 5 year guarantee.
- It reflects the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- It reduces the internal temperatures of the building.
BEFORE ROOF RESTORATION:
AFTER ROOF RESTORATION:
On the exterior of the building, we found that there was a large amount of cracks. We then recommend a full Exterior Decoration, this included opening and sealing up all cracks with our Soudal Polyurethane Sealant. This sealer has a two ton breaking strain and therefore prevents the cracks from re-appearing. We then also proceeded to seal all parapets with our Wilbond Parapet Sealer; this prevents water ingressing into the bank. Once this was completed we then painted the exterior with our W120 Infra-Red Cool Coating.
The advantages of using this system are:
- All cracks are correctly sealed and don’t re-appear.
- This system creates a waterproof casing, to ensure water doesn’t enter into the building.
- The Infra-Red Cool Coating System prevents the deterioration of the pigment in the paint, to ensure a longer lifespan of the coating.
BEFORE EXTERIOR REDECORATION:
AFTER EXTERIOR REDECORATION:
Tip of the day:
- Ensure all flat roofs are coated regularly with protective coatings, to allow a longer life span of the waterproofing and avoid excessive costs in the long run.
- Ensure that your building is correctly sealed to ensure no internal water damage and damp.